Being that are our skin is the body’s largest organ, it stands to reason that there are things we should be doing to care for it each and every day. However, many of us go through our daily routines paying very little attention to our skin. In fact, there are a lot of things that we do that end up leading to clogged pores and a dull complexion. These skin “no-nos” should be avoided to help keep skin looking and feeling great.
“Our skin is so delicate, yet we treat it as if it can put up with all of the mean things we do to it,” explains expert traveler Tina Aldatz, chief executive officer of cosmetic beauty wipe company Savvy Travelers. “Taking care of your skin can help keep you looking younger, feeling great, and loving what you see when you look in the mirror.”
Here are 5 things that are no-nos that people often do to their skin:
- Not removing makeup before bed. Many people hit the sack without washing their face, and often leaving makeup on when they do it. According to the National Sleep Foundation, when you do this you can damage your skin. Going to bed with a dirty face leads to clogged pores, makeup tends to have free radicals held in it, which will lead to wrinkles. Keeping something like Take Offz facial cleansing and moisturizing wipes close by provides people with an easy and convenient way to always be able to quickly clean and moisturize their face before bed.
- Overlooking the importance of exfoliating. Many people tend to overlook the importance of getting their skin exfoliated. When you have it exfoliated, it removes the old, dead layer, so that younger and healthier skin can regenerate. Regularly doing this at home or having this done by getting regular facials is advised to get the best results.
- Getting too much sun exposure. According to the American Cancer Society, skin cancer is the most common form of cancer. Getting too much sun exposure to the skin can lead to skin cancer, as well as cause premature wrinkles. Protect the skin by wearing sunscreen, a hat, and seeking shade whenever possible.
- Not staying hydrated. According to the National Institutes of Health, the skin contains around 30 percent water. It’s this water that gives skin its plumpness, elasticity, and resiliency. If you are not staying well hydrated, your skin can lose those attributes, so be sure to drink up.
- Having dirty hands. We come in contact with many germs every day, especially on our hands. When those germ-filled hands touch your face, you are transferring them there. This can lead to clogged pores, breakouts, and infections. Keep hands clean by frequently washing them with soap and water, or using anti-bacterial cleansing wipes, such as Klean Upz, when soap and water are not available.
“Between bad habits and germs, our skin can really take a hit,” added Aldatz. “It’s up to us to be proactive to make sure that we hold ourselves accountable in taking care of our skin, as well as being prepared. When we do those two things we will end up with skin that we love and loves us back.”
Savvy Travelers offers a no-rinse line of cosmetic beauty wipes that help to keep travelers healthy and lends a convenient collection of problem solvers for beauty and wellness needs. Savvy Travelers designer beauty wipes are curated for the “on-the-go” sophisticated savvy travelista! No water? No problem! The company offers a line of pre-packaged individual cosmetic wipes, such as the “No Sweat” antiperspirant deodorant wipes, the “Speak Eazy” mouth cleansing wipes, the “Take Offz” cleansing moisturizing wipes for the face, the Klean Upz antibacterial hand and body wipes, and more. Savvy Travelers wipes are a savior in flight when you are stuck at your seat, or on a road trip and still want to feel clean and refreshed, making traveling healthier all around. For more information, visit the site at: www.savvytravelers.com.
About Savvy Travelers (SavvyTravelers.com):
The Savvy Travelers collection of designer beauty wipes are curated for the sophisticated on-the-go travelista. Savvy Travelers keep ladies fresh and fabulous from head to toe, one swipe at a time, offering products in convenient kits and single-use packets that are disposable, eco-friendly and made in California! No Water? No Problem! Follow @Savvy_Travelers on social media and like us on Facebook.
The Editorial Team at Lake Oconee Health is made up of skilled health and wellness writers and experts, led by Daniel Casciato who has over 25 years of experience in healthcare writing. Since 1998, we have produced compelling and informative content for numerous publications, establishing ourselves as a trusted resource for health and wellness information. We aim to provide our readers with valuable insights and guidance to help them lead healthier and happier lives.