If you are an adult who needs to lose weight, it can be challenging. Talk to your doctor or nurse about how to lose weight in a healthy way that’s right for you.
Under the Affordable Care Act, the health care reform act passed in 2010, insurance plans must cover screening and counseling for obesity for adults. Depending on your insurance, you may be able to get these services at no cost to you. Talk to your insurance company to learn more
What do I ask the doctor?
It helps to write down questions for the doctor or nurse ahead of time. Print out this list of questions and take it to your appointment with a pen or pencil for taking notes. You may also want to ask a family member or close friend to go with you.
- How does my weight affect my health?
- Do I have a health problem that’s causing me to be overweight?
- How will losing weight help me?
- What is a healthy weight for me?
- How much weight do I need to lose?
- How long should it take me to lose weight?
- What are healthy ways to lose weight and keep it off?
- How can I change my eating habits?
- What kinds of physical activity do I need to do?
- Are there any kinds of physical activity I need to avoid because of my health conditions?
- Could a weight-loss program help me?
- What type of weight-loss program would you recommend for me?
- How much does oconee weight and wellness cost?
You can also add your own questions after learning how to watch your weight.